International students

International students/PhD students are allowed to start and run their own business in Denmark.

Whether you need a work permit to start and run your own business depends on your citizenship.

Students from EU/EEA countries or Switzerland have the right to run their own business under the same rules and regulations as Danish students.

Students from countries outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland must be aware that there is a limit to the amount of work they may do in addition to their studies, including establishing their own business in Denmark.

Regardless of citizenship, you can read more on the pages here and find more information about work permits on the Danish Immigration Service’s website New to Denmark.